Monday, July 26, 2010

Movivng On

I haven't done any blogging since I returned from South Africa.  It isn't for lack of thinking about it; rather I think that the merging of my reflections on my time in Africa, with my anxious planning for this fall, is creating an overload of thoughts and emotions that are better left in my head than on paper (err, cyberspace).  At least for now.  Nonetheless, I will say a few quick things about the aforementioned life events:

First, "Reflections on South Africa." Upon settling in back home, Shanley and I promptly and laboriously compiled our pictures and memorabilia from ZA into albums.  If you're interested in seeing the final product, complete with page-by-page commentary from yours truly, just let me know - I'm more than willing and enthusiastic about sharing my experience from abroad.

Second, "Anxious Planning for this Fall."  The word is out... I'm going back to school, and couldn't be more excited!  Before Shanley and I left for South Africa, we both submitted our applications for graduate schools.  As we prepared to leave Cape Town, Shanley received her acceptance to Oregon Health Sciences University School of Medicine. Then, while in Jo'Burg literally days before flying back to the States, I received my acceptance into Portland State University for a Masters in Public Health as part of the Oregon MPH Program.  We were elated then, and even now, for the academic adventures that begin this Fall, and for the fact that we will both be in Portland, OR!

So on that note, let me direct you to my new blog: www.pdxmoll.blogspot.com, where you can keep track of my progress over the next few years, in school and in life.  This blog will remain as it is: an experience that stands alone.  To that end, I hope you'll continue to enjoy the stories/pictures posted here, AND stick around to see what's next!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly,

    I am Karen Scott, you had the phone numbers of our family while you were in SA, I am a friend of Beth Geinger. We have followed your blog with interest, it is a beautiful country and we were happy to see you enjoy the people as well as the land. We'd love to see your "Reflections on SA" my email is bokksburg-sa@yahoo.com. Glad you are home safely & best of luck in grad school! Karen Scott & family

    ReplyDelete